We offer a variety of complimentary fitness and wellness classes daily to guests of The Ojai Valley Inn & Spa and Spa Ojai. Presented by our highly qualified team of instructors, classes include fitness walks, yoga, meditation, spinning, TRX, and body conditioning. Current programming and schedules are available through our reservation department, Spa front desk or resort guest welcome information. Guests must be 16 years of age or older to participate.
Mind & Body
- Guided Meditation: Experience an inward journey with this introduction to basic meditation.
- Mat Pilates: Based on the work of Joseph Pilates. Strengthen your body's core muscles while gaining flexibility.
- Qi Gong: (Chi Kung): Learning to open the energetic pathways of the body with ease to follow movement.
- Heart-Centered Meditation: A guided mediation with an emphasis on opening and healing the heart.
- Chakra Meditation: Balance your energy with a meditation on the chakra system.
- Stretch & Meditation: A combination of full body stretching and meditation to help clear your mind and body.
- Yoga Stretch: A relaxing yoga class focusing on lengthening the breath and opening the mind.
- Yoga Flow: A gentle Vinyasa-style class that flows from one pose to the next; all levels welcome.
- Yoga Strength: A mixed class of both strength & stretch poses in a Vinyasa flow form. All levels welcome.
- Hatha Yoga: Concentrates on physical health and mental well-being. Hatha yoga uses bodily postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), and meditation (dyana), with the goal of bringing about a sound, healthy body and a clear, peaceful mind Hatha yoga postures also stretch and align the body, promoting balance and flexibility.
- Vinyasa Yoga: A steady dynamic flow that links yoga postures to the breath.
- Fitness Walk: A brisk walk into downtown Ojai and back. Walking shoes required.
- Evening Property Walk: While the sun begins to set, take a guided moderate 2-mile walk around the Inn & Spa grounds. Walking shoes required.
- Body Hoops: A fun, playful way to burn calories, tone the core and arms while using two pound hula hoops. All fitness levels welcome. Smile and laughter required!
- Boot Camp: Burn calories, firm, tighten and tone with a combo of strength and cardio using nothing but your own body weight
- Cardio Circuit: Move from one high-intensity cardio exercise to the next working the entire body & burning maximum calories in the minimum amount of time.
- Step It Up: From the bottom of the herb garden to the top of the pavilion there are 100 steps. 3-5 cycles adding in push-ups, dips, and sit-ups for good measure. Meet at the Mind Body Studio.
- Spin: Spinning is a group exercise class done on a fixed gear stationary bike. It will challenge both your aerobic and anaerobic heart rates.
- Spin & Stretch: Traditional Spinning combined with stretching off the bike, full body workout.
- Spin Fuzion: Traditional spinning combined w/body weight exercises off the bike, full body workout.
- Morning Stretch: Begin your day with gentle stretching and lengthening of all the major muscle groups.
- Flex and Roll: Gentle stretching using a foam roller for self-myofascial release. Stretch all the major muscle groups.
- Theraband Tone & Stretch: A fun class combining strengthening and stretching exercises used with therabands for resistance and support.
- Evening Stretch: While the sun begins to set over the beautiful Ojai Valley, gently stretch all the major muscle groups
Core, Bosu & More Classes
- Body Work & Abs: Full-body workout utilizing bodyweight exercises, various fitness tools, and a focus on abs abs & more abs. All levels.
- Bosu Training: Exercise using the Bosu half dome trainer. Challenges balance, muscle stability & mental focus.
- Body Conditioning: This class combines strength & cardio segments using equipment such as dumbbells & bands for a full body workout. All levels.
- Core & More: Performance focus on the muscles of your core – abdominals, lower back, hips and thighs- will help you stand taller and prevent the back pain from which most eventually suffer. The biggest benefits come from the inside, pillar strength, the basis of all movement. All levels.
- Floor Barre: A modified ballet class welcome to beginners. Ballet exercises and stretches done on the floor. Wonderful to stretch, strengthen and promote joint mobility.
- Posture Practice: A number of strengthening, stretching and technical alignment exercises with anatomical description dynamics of posture and how to maintain.
- OCR Training: Obstacle Course Race Training, prep for your next race w/this workout designed to get you obstacle-race READY! All levels welcome.
- TRX Essentials: Learning how to use TRX® Suspension Training is essential. This total-body fitness program uses gravity against your own body weight to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability. The TRX® is attached to an anchor point, grab the handles or secure feet in the hand/foot cradles. Having the ability to change the body's angle allows you to work with more or less body weight which can intensify or modify a specific exercise. Class size is limited and fitness shoes are recommended.
Water - Seasonal
- Water Aerobics: Aerobics, while in a pool.
PRIVATE MIND & BODY CLASSES, PRIVATE HIKES/TRAIL RUNS & GEOCACHING ADVENTURES & PERSONAL TRAINING are available with advance notice. Please inquire at the Spa Front Desk, Concierge Desk, Central Reservations or Mind & Body Fitness Supervisor Eric Leija 805.640.2014