Your journey to join mind and body through the principles of yoga and other heart rate raising exercises begins here.
Mind & Body Class Descriptions
- Guided Meditation: Experience an inward journey with this introduction to basic meditation.
- Silent Meditation: This somewhat challenging, unstructured form of meditation will help you find balance through silence.
- Pilates Mat Work: Based on the work of Joseph Pilates. Strengthen your body's core muscles while gaining flexibility.
- Pilates on the Roller: Using the foam roller as a platform for Pilates stretches and exercises.
- Qi Gong: (Chi Kung): Learning to open the energetic pathways of the body with east to follow movement.
- Yoga Strength: A mixed class of both strength & stretch poses in a vinyasa flow form. All levels welcome.
- Yoga Essentials: Beginning level class for those who have never taken yoga or want to refresh their knowledge.
- Yoga Flow: A Vinyasa-style class that flows from one pose to the next; all levels welcome.
- Gentle Yoga: Walking /seated meditation accompany gentle yoga poses that help quiet the mind and relax the body.
- Yoga Sculpt: This full body workout uses resistance with weights as you move through yoga postures.
- Yoga Stretch: A relaxing yoga class focusing on lengthening and opening the mind.
- Yin Yoga: A deep yoga working through sustained stretching and compressive postures allowing for physical release.
- Introduction to Kundalini Yoga: Yoga based on energy rising and mind centering.
- Fitness Walk: A brisk walk into downtown Ojai and back. Walking shoes required.
- Nature Walk: A guided botanical walk to the Herb Garden and around the Inn & Spa. Get to know its' history and landscaping.
- Cardio Circuit: Move from one high-intensity cardio exercise to the next working the entire body & burning maximum calories in the minimum amount of time.
- Boot Camp: Burn calories, firm, tighten and tone with a combo of strength and cardio using nothing but your own body weight.
- Drums Alive: A mixed aerobic and strength class using drum sticks and balls to create a fun active workout and floor exercise to tone the body.
- Step It Up: From the bottom of the herb garden to the top of the pavilion there are 100 steps. 3-5 cycles adding in push-ups, dips, and sit-ups for good measure.
- Body Hoops: A fun, playful way to burn calories, tone the core and arms while using two pound hula hoops. All fitness levels welcome. Smile and laughter required!
- Fit Trek: This class takes place in the Mind/Body gym. You will get a great workout using the treadmill and weights in a circuit-style class.
- Spinning: Spinning is a group exercise class done on a fixed gear stationary bike. It will challenge both your aerobic and anaerobic heart rates. Spinning is one of the best workouts in fitness today.
- Spinning & Stretch: Traditional Spinning combined with stretching off the bike, a full body workout.
- Spin Core: 25-minutes of high intensity spin followed by a 25-minute of core training.
- Flex and Roll: Gentle stretching using a foam roller for self-myofascial release. Stretch all the major muscle groups.
- Morning Stretch: Begin your day with gentle stretching and lengthening of all the major muscle groups.
- Evening Stretch: While the sun sets over the beautiful Ojai Valley, gently stretch all the major muscle groups.
Ball, Bosu & More Classes
- On the Ball: This class promotes strength, flexibility and balance. Using a fitness ball for each exercise, you will experience greater coordination and improved posture.
- Bosu Training: Exercise using the Bosu half dome trainer. Challenges balance, muscle stability & mental focus.
- Healthy Back and Posture: Strength exercises and stretches for a healthier back.
- Better Balance: A fun playful class which improves balance and coordination with integrated and challenging movements.
- Abs & Buns: Use of core strength to focus on abdominal and glutes engagement.
- Water Aerobics: Water exercise at its best.
- Water Pilates: Pilates-inspired exercise done in the cool, refreshing aquatic environment.
- Water Flow: Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Qi Gong practiced in the beautiful, serene aquatic environment.Water Seasonal
TRX Essentials Class
- TRX Essentials Class: This total-body fitness program uses gravity against your own body weight to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability. The TRX® is attached to an anchor point, grab the handles or secure feet in the hand/foot cradles. Having the ability to change the body's angle allows you to work with more or less body weight which can intensify or modify a specific exercise. Class size is limited and fitness shoes are recommended.
This package includes three separate treatments from our classic treatment menu, classic lavender or seasonal manicure and pedicure and includes lunch at Café Verde. $550