Mind & Body Classes
Mind & Body Class Descriptions
From January 15, 2016 until further notice, all Mind & Body Schedule classes will be held in Guest Room 709. For more information, please contact the Spa Front Desk
Mind & Body Emphasis
- Guided Meditation: Experience an inward journey with this introduction to basic meditation.
- Pilates Mat Work: Based on the work of Joseph Pilates. Strengthen your body's core muscles while gaining flexibility.
- Pilates on the Roller: Using the foam roller as a platform for Pilates stretches and exercises.
- Qi Gong: (Chi Kung): Learning to open the energetic pathways of the body with east to follow movement.
- Gentle Yoga: Walking /seated meditation accompany gentle yoga poses that help quiet the mind and relax the body.
- Introduction to Kundalini Yoga: Yoga based on energy rising and mind centering.
- Intermediate Yoga Flow: A hatha yoga method with a trinity emphasis on asana (posture), pranayama (breath) and mudra (focus).
- Yoga Flow: A gentle Vinyasa-style class that flows from one pose to the next; all levels welcome.
- Yoga Sculpt: This full body workout uses resistance with weights as you move through yoga postures.
- Yoga Strength: A mixed class of both strength & stretch poses in a Vinyasa flow form. All levels welcome.
- Yoga Stretch: A relaxing yoga class focusing on lengthening and opening the mind.
- Yin Yoga: Blends of Yin and Yang. Naturally slow Yin postures blended with Yang's active lively movement, creating energizing like heat in the body. Yin is slow, quiet deep yoga working through compressive postures. Yang has the flow of dynamic movements
- Fitness Walk: A brisk walk into downtown Ojai and back. Walking shoes required.
- Evening Fitness Walk: While the sun begins to set, take in a guided moderate 2-mile walk around the Inn & Spa grounds. Walking shoes required.
- Body Hoops: A fun, playful way to burn calories, tone the core and arms while using two pound hula hoops. All fitness levels welcome. Smile and laughter required!
- Boot Camp: Burn calories, firm, tighten and tone with a combo of strength and cardio using nothing but your own body weight.
- Cardio Circuit: Move from one high-intensity cardio exercise to the next working the entire body & burning maximum calories in the minimum amount of time.
- Fit Trek: This class takes place in the Mind/Body Gym. You will get a great workout using the treadmill and weights in a circuit-style class.
- Step It Up: From the bottom of the herb garden to the top of the pavilion there are 100 steps. 3-5 cycles adding in push-ups, dips, and sit-ups for good measure. Meet at the Mind & Body Studio.
- Spin: Spinning is a group exercise class done on a fixed gear stationary bike. It will challenge both your aerobic and anaerobic heart rates.
- Spin & Stretch: Traditional Spinning combined with stretching off the bike, a full body workout.
- Evening Stretch: While the sun begins to set over the beautiful Ojai Valley, gently stretch all the major muscle groups.
- Flex and Roll: Gentle stretching using a foam roller for self-myofascial release. Stretch all the major muscle groups.
- Morning Stretch: Begin your day with gentle stretching and lengthening of all the major muscle groups.
Ball, Bosu & More Classes
- Abs & Buns: Use of core strength to focus on abdominal and glutes engagement.
- Better Balance: A fun and playful class which improves balance and coordination with integrated and challenging movements.
- Bosu Training: Exercise using the Bosu half dome trainer. Challenges balance, muscle stability & mental focus.
- Core & More: Performance focus on the muscles of your core-abdominals, lower back, hips and thighs- will help you stand taller and prevent the back pain from which most eventually suffer. The biggest benefits come from the inside, pillar strength, the basis of all movement. All welcomed.
- Get to the Core for Golf: Develop a stronger, more balanced and flexible body for golf by focusing on the smaller, supporting muscles, ligaments and tendons to provide a strong base. Use of the balance balls, bosu, bands and light weights. All levels welcomed
- Healthy Back and Posture: Strength exercises and stretches for a healthier back.
- On the Ball: This class promotes strength, flexibility and balance. Using a fitness ball for each exercise, you will experience.
- TRX Essentials: This total-body fitness program uses gravity against your own body weight to simultaneously develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability. The TRX® is attached to an anchor point, grab the handles or secure feet in the hand/foot cradles. Having the ability to change the body's angle allows you to work with more or less body weight which can intensify or modify a specific exercise. Class size is limited and fitness shoes are recommended.
greater coordination and improved posture.
- Water Aerobics: Water exercise at its best.
- Water Flow: Yoga, Pilates and Qi Gong practiced in the beautiful, serene aquatic environment.
For your convenience, at the time of check-in, a 20% Service Charge will be added to your treatment and activity list price. This service charge includes gratuities for the associates who serve you throughout the Spa Village.